Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Abstinence Contract

Hi Everyone,

I'm intersted to find out how many of you have commited to an abstinence contract or have facilitated them in your group?

What are your thoughts? In my groups, my wife and I have encouraged many couples to do one and I have made it a challenge to all men individually who make commitments to my meetings. Some have discussed it with their therapists and recieved negative feedback about it.

When I attended a men's workshop in Nashville three years ago, Mark Laaser said it was an essential component to my journey. I know it was something that both my wife and I wanted to do, it was rough! It was suggested to be ninety days in length and we didn't make it the first time. We failed around the ninth week, but undeterred, we did it again. All in all, we abstained for nearly six months.

I welcome any thoughts any of you may have on the subject. Take care, stay on the wall.

LarryG

No comments: