Tuesday, October 22, 2013

HE is WORTH IT

by Erin
Jesus is worth the suffering.
I know it doesn’t seem like that. I know that the pain of sexual betrayal feels unbearable and the future may look bleak. I know that days can drag on and nights can be incredibly lonely, no matter where you are on the journey. I know that keeping yourself together and just getting out of bed in the morning can seem like a monumental task.
But I promise you this: Jesus is WORTH it.

I wish I could explain how all this works. How in the midst of deep pain Jesus seems so close. How my weakness has made me stronger and through my doubts I have heard His voice. How scripture that once felt distant has jumped off the page and calmed my shaking heart. But I know this….

If you seek Him, He WILL be found by you.   2 Chronicles 15:2

Knowing Him more has been worth it.
Because, you see, if I had not walked in that pit He could not have lifted me up. If I had not cried out He could not have comforted me like He did. If I had not continually thrown myself at His feet I could not have known His mercy like I do. He WILL be found by you. Even in our brokenness, he WILL be found by US!

He didn’t wave some magic wand and take all the pain away. He didn’t suddenly make my husband faithful or my marriage perfect.
He gave me Himself.

And it was WORTH IT.

No comments: