Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 7 - To Counseling

by Bonnie

If you only hear one thing from this book, I pray that you hear this. DO NOT make any major decisions when you are dealing with a broken heart. You will be tempted to make some decisions that will be based on feelings, and most times our feelings will take us down the wrong path. Be very careful with whom you seek counsel and whom you choose to hang around. Waiting is the hardest thing in the world for me. I was desperate. I wanted to move on or do what I thought would make the pain stop. This is very dangerous. I realized I needed to talk to a counselor. I sought help because I was too hurt to think clearly. Although my counselor helped me tremendously, the most wonderful counselor is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is within you if you are a Christian. When Jesus left this earth to go to heaven, God sent his Spirit. The Holy Spirit led me time and time again with the decisions I needed to make. He will lead you if you ask Him with a pure heart. Don’t rush.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Psalm 73: 23-24 Yet I am always with you; you hold me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

Reflection: Is it OK to seek professional counseling? Yes. I believe my Christian counselor was led by the Holy Spirit and helped me see things from a different view than
what I could see. In deep pain, sometimes our view into our situation is muddy. God can still lead us and ultimately it is that inner peace that helps us make the right decisions. If you need someone to talk to, seek a recommended Christian professional. There are websites that can assist or a church pastor might have someone they would recommend. Seek counsel along with guidance from the Holy Spirit.

Prayer: O God, in the moments that I’m making decisions, remind me that you know what is best for me. I need you to be my Counselor. This is very hard to pray, but my prayer is that in the decisions I need to make, I wholeheartedly seek to please you. I will do whatever you want me to do. Please Father, don’t let me step out of your will for my life. Keep me from making a mistake. Give me wisdom and discernment that can only come from you for the choices I need to make. Show me out right what you want me to do. I am yours forever. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: