Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Christian Support Groups

by Bonnie

I remember the first time I walked into a support group.  I was overwhelmed at the possibility that I might be pressured to speak.  My heart pounded as I walked into a room full of women.  As we prayed, I realized they were just like me, in the same boat if you will.  We were all struggling with the same issue and wanted to feel better so badly that we would spend one night a week supporting each other, learning from each other and most importantly, learning how to have authentic friendships.  I know that might sound hooky but I lived many years with people around me that I called friends but did they really really know me?  We would have fun but I would not share ALL my hurts and struggles with them.  If you know you need help with an addiction or you are a spouse of an addict, L.I.F.E. Recovery International support groups are where real healing occurs!  Try us out...you won't be disappointed.  http://freedomeveryday.org/support-group.php

No comments: