Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cut the rope...

by B Hicks

I was reading this morning about Paul being shipwrecked in Acts 27 & 28.  I've read this passage many times, but today I was reminded of all the anchors I've allow to remain in my life from time to time.  It was only during my storm, with wind and waves battering me unmercifully, that I was broken enough for God to speak in my heart and open my eyes to my anchors.  These anchors might not look like yours or maybe you can relate to some of these.  The anchor of self sufficiency, self righteousness, false beliefs about myself and God, a critical spirit, feelings of entitlement, not being honest with my spouse, things I did for comfort, or a strong desire for approval, acceptance and love.  Whatever the anchor, we can be free but we must be willing to cut the rope.  Total surrender.  Accepting grace.

You'll be changed from the inside out...God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.  Romans 12:2




No comments: