Friday, May 23, 2014

Press Past the Mountain

by Dave

Today's Scripture:
"The LORD our God said to us at Horeb, “You have stayed long enough at this mountain."
(Deuteronomy 1:6, NIV).
 
Today's Word:
Have you been facing a mountain for so long that you feel like you are just sort of stuck there? Maybe at one time you knew you would break that addiction. You knew you would beat that sickness. You knew you would get married. But, you’ve gone through disappointments. It didn’t happen the way you thought.
 
Today, God is saying to you what He said to the people of Israel. “You have dwelt long enough on this mountain.” It’s time to move forward. God has new levels in front of you, new opportunities, new relationships, promotions, breakthroughs. But, you’ve got to stir up your fire. You’ve got to get a vision for victory. The dreams, the promises that you’ve pushed down and thought, “Oh, it’s not going to happen. I’m too old. I don’t have the connections. I don’t know the right people,” God has it all figured out. If you will start believing again, start dreaming again, start pursuing what God put in your heart, God will make a way where you don’t see a way. Press past the mountain and move forward into victory!
 
Prayer for Today:
Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy on my life. Thank You for empowering me to overcome every obstacle and press past every mountain. I look to You to lead and guide me into victory in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

No comments: