Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 1 - To The Well

by Bonnie - (Where Can Broken Hearts Go?)

Day 1 - To The “Well”

As a child I had fun outside, however my home inside had issues with addition and co-dependency. My father was a good provider. My mom was a housewife who cooked every meal and was truly our maid. My life, however, was broken. I didn’t know how broken until I started counseling. I don’t blame my parents for how I deal with issues in my life, but I do know that the experiences and feelings I had as a child have affected how I have handled life in the past and why I am trying to change how I handle life in the present and future. My past led me to be a negative and controlling wife and mom. I realized some time into my pain that my heartbreak was making me sick. I was sick physically, emotionally & mentally. But the thought of getting well didn’t come to me right away.

John 4: 13-14 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give will never thirst.

John 5: 6-9 When Jesus saw this man lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he ask him, “Do you want to get well?” The man replied “Sir, I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.” Then Jesus said to him, Get up! Pick up your mat and walk. At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.

Reflection: Jesus is the well of living water and the beginning of healing. If we truly want to get well, it might mean we need to do some hard examining of our own lives. You might not want to hear that but it is true. I believe Jesus can heal us, just like He did the man at the Bethesda pool. Jesus has the same compassion for us as he did this man. While you might not understand why relief or a miracle has not come, you must never give up hope that God’s time to work a miracle in your life may come soon. Do you want to get well? What have you tried or not tried to ease your broken heart?

Prayer: O Jesus, Please help me recognize you. Give me the desire to get well. Have compassion on me and see my hurt. Show me ways I can move forward to walk close to you and spend time working through this deep hurt. I will do the hard work to get well. Help me to sense your leading during this time. I don’t understand the pain, but I choose to trust you. Thank you for this time of healing. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: