Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 2 - To Acceptance

by Bonnie - (Where Can Broken Hearts Go?)

God knows the secrets of the heart; He knows if you have a broken heart - even if no one else knows it. Get real about how you feel.

Psalm 44:21, Would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart? (NIV)

If your heart has been broken or is broken, don’t deny it, or pretend it isn’t. Stop saying, “Everything is okay!” If you have a broken heart, admit it and accept it.

Psalm 109:22, For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. (NIV)

Reflection: I know you probably don’t feel like singing, but I can almost guarantee, if you choose a song to worship during this day, the pain may not go away, but the peace that will flood your soul will be indescribable. I found music to be very comforting for me, and when my heart was singing and praising, the chaos around me didn‘t stick to me or bring me down. Give Him your heart and soul with a song.

Prayer: God I am hurting because______________. Father, I need to feel your comfort and peace during this time. I’m not sure why I am going through such horrible heartache but I choose to thank you for what you are going to do through my broken heart. Please come close. I need you Father. I desire to feel your presence and believe you are near. Thank you for your strength, comfort and peace. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: