Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 5 - To God's Word

by Bonnie (Where Can Broken Hearts Go?)

God's Word speaks like no one else can.  I spent a vast amount of time in the Psalms.  I planted myself there when I was searching for a word of hope for my aching soul.  Try out the Psalms.

Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your Word (the Bible) in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Psalm 91:14-16 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

Reflection: I can promise you this. If you will remain faithful in your time of devotions with God, reading his word, the Bible, even when you don’t feel like it, He will remain faithful to give you strength, comfort and hope in this pain and sorrow. His word is made active by the work of his Holy Spirit and will bring all those things to his faithful people. His Word can revive and restore us in EVERY way if we continue to read and live by what it says. His Spirit will give you peace that goes beyond your understanding. Stay in God’s Word. His Word will guide you as you travel this road.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word. Thank you that as we put on the full armor to stand against the enemy, we can speak your Word in the face of our enemy. There is no other book worthy of standing on, relying on or meditating on. I am so grateful for your Guidebook through this life. Renew my mind as I study it. Lord, help me to remember specific verses of your faithfulness to me this day. May I hide your Word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Thank you for the precious gift of your Word. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: