Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 6 - To Prayer

by Bonnie (Where Can Broken Hearts Go?)

Sometimes during my deep, deep pain, I can remember not having a word to pray. At those times I would just say, “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.” Remember that God already knows and sees your heart. Just try to talk to him. Talk as if you were sharing your heart with a friend. I found the best way to pray was having a prayer space. It happened to be my closet. I would get up early in the morning when it was quiet. I would sit with my Bible, study books and journal sometimes. At other times, the pain was so great, I would lay on the floor in my closet. God sees each tear you cry. His heart bends towards your weeping. His heart aches with you as you cry for help.

Psalm 6:6-7; I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.

Psalm 88:9; I call to you, O Lord, every day; I spread out my hands to you.

Romans 12:12; Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Reflection: Although you can’t always see the rainbow, determine in your heart to believe his promises. Even when Jesus was in the garden agonizing, He talked to God. While He hung on the cross, He prayed to His Father. He prayed through agony and so can we. Remember, prayer is a two-way conversation. Give God time to speak to you. Be still and quiet.

Prayer: O God, you know this is one of the hardest things to do in such a busy world. Thank you that even in the chaos and busyness around me, you can still speak to me. Help me to long to be still and quiet before you. Father, help me to establish a faithful prayer life that isn’t rushed or scripted. Help my mind to be focused on you as I pour my heart out to you. Thank you that you are faithful to hear my prayers as I learn to walk in your ways. O God, thank you that prayer changes things and I believe absolutely nothing is impossible for you. I love you, my Lord. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this Bonnie. Bless you.