Monday, August 18, 2014

Believe God over the "Experts"

by Dave

Today's Scripture:
"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."(1 Corinthians 1:27, KJV).

Today's Word:
Did you know that according to all the laws of aerodynamics, a bumblebee should not be able to fly? Its wingspan is too small for the size of its body. It can't get enough lift. But here's the key: Nobody told the bumblebee. It didn’t get the memo. No experts were able to talk it out of flying. The bumblebee felt its wings on its sides and something in its DNA said, “I'm supposed to fly. I'm not made to just crawl around on the ground.” It didn't read the latest engineering report. It just did what was natural and started flapping its wings and took off into the air.

Have you ever had the experts tell you, “You’ll never get well; you’ll never get out of debt; you’ve gone as far as your education allows; this is as good as it gets?” With all due respect, the experts can be wrong. The “experts” told me at the very least I would be walking with a cane if not in a wheelchair by age 30. I’m still on my feet today, walking, running, biking… all because of God. Believe God over the experts and watch what He will do on your behalf!

Prayer for Today:
Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I believe You over what the “experts” tell me. I believe that You are faithful and expect to see Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen

No comments: