Thursday, August 21, 2014

You've Struggled Long Enough

by Dave
 
Today's Scripture:
"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."  (Exodus 14:14, NIV).
 
Today's Word:
All through life, the enemy tries to stop us with a yoke of bondage—a yoke of depression, a yoke of low self-esteem, a yoke of compromise. He’ll try to burden you down so that everything is a struggle. You may be working hard, but you can’t get ahead because you have all these yokes controlling you.

Maybe you’ve been living with a yoke your whole life. It’s been passed down to you. Maybe you don’t realize it. You can’t seem to get ahead. You’re struggling in your marriage. Your children won’t do what’s right. Low self-esteem, that’s all you’ve known. But God said to the Israelites, “I have seen the affliction of My people, and I am coming down to deliver them.” God sees every yoke, every unfair situation, everything that you struggle with. He doesn’t just sit back and say, “Well, too bad.” No, He says, “I’m coming down to do something about it.” You don’t have to worry. The yoke destroyer is on the way. God is saying, “I’m coming down to put an end to that struggle. I’m shifting things in your favor. I’m delivering you from addictions. I’m removing the burden and setting you free to walk into the fullness of your destiny.”
 
Prayer for Today:
Father, thank You for fighting my battles. Thank You for delivering me from all my enemies. I will stand and see Your goodness and praise You for Your faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen

No comments: