Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Food for L.I.F.E.

Hi ya folks,

Food is everywhere and shows up in every area of life. I organize food into 4 main categories.
1) Food comfort/reward
2) Food celebration
3) Food for health
4) Food addiction/Food disorder

We will walk through each one of these together.  Tonight I wish to call out #3 food for health. We have a mandate from God to eat healthy, III John v2 beloved I desire above all else that you prosper and be in good health! That means its one of God's highest priorities that we are healthy! It needs to be our highest priority too! But its just so darn tough to do that right?!

How many sexy commercials have you seen that included some type of food product (what's the connection there I wonder?).  How many billboards do you drive by that tempt you to try some new food item?

If that is not enough, we are overwhelmed by confusing food marketing! Smart marketers label food in the stores as "fat free", "healthy", "all natural", "high fiber", "high protein", "can help lower cholesterol" and the list goes on. These labels also contain a whole host of ingredients that most of us have to use "Google" to look up.

There is a simple answer, run away from fast food, packaged foods, processed foods, and reduce the amount of eating out. Your food is hurting and potentially killing you. You are what you eat. Eat what your body was designed by God to eat'/process/use as fuel. Would you put diesel in your unleaded fuel gas tank, heavens know, why, because it would shut down and stop running, right? Right! So why is food any different!!!

I prefer to look at food as a lifestyle choice and the choice I have made is healthy eating. I have a plan for my food so that I have the best quality of life.  Healthy eating for me is a hybrid of 3 methodologies (in no particular order):

Clean eating -  http://www.eatcleandiet.com/what_is_the_eat-clean_diet.aspx#.Ucov8ju-pVU   
Eat clean, nutritionally packed meals 6x a day

Blood type  - http://www.dadamo.com/program.htm‎   
understand the way your body processes and metabolizes food

Paleo - http://thepaleodiet.com/what-to-eat-on-the-paleo-diet/    
Eat the way hunter gatherers did, they ate from nature

Each one of these food plans are built on a foundation of eating from as close to the earth as possible and as naturally as possible. That's straight out of Genesis, chapters 2 and 3 eat from the fruit of the trees, plant gardens and eat from those.  I use a hybrid of all 3 because, I only sometimes eat meat (Paleo), I eat 6 nutritionally packed meals a day (clean eating), and there are just some foods my body either does not process well or absorb the nutrition from (blood type).

I hope this helps you to build a food plan that is right for you and your family.  I know it is a big up front cost but it has a great future payout putting your health back into your control and not the doctors or the pharmaceutical companies!  Make a plan each week on what you are going to eat each day.  These websites will help you and I will be giving you tips and recipes along the way as well.

1st step decide to eat healthy, step 2 look into these plans and start taking action today!

Blessings, Micki (aka Butterfly Wings)
L.I.F.E. Recovery International

No comments: